AECOsim BUILDING DESIGNER:
Multi-discipline Building Design Software
Design, analyze, document, and visualize buildings of any size, form, and complexity. Effectively communicate design intent and bridge barriers between building disciplines and geographically distributed teams. AECOsim Building Designer provides BIM advancements so you can deliver high-performance buildings faster and with greater confidence – confidence in your design, workflow, tools, and deliverables.
- Multi-discipline: Increase collaboration among architects, mechanical, electrical, and structural engineers with a shared set of tools and workflows
- Interoperability: Integrate information you have from multiple formats and easily work on projects of any size
- Information-rich deliverables: Clearly communicate your design intent with reliable deliverables that you can easily customize
- Unrestrictive design environment: Model anything with total freedom from buildings with simple to highly complex geometry and designs
- Building performance: Simulate buildings and predict real-world performance of the asset quickly and with precision to explore various options for iterative refinement
- Analyze building system performance.
- Simulate real-world performance and evaluate building system performances so you can quickly discover the best design choices.
- Inform early design decisions with conceptual energy analysis that provides peak loads, annual energy calculations, energy consumption, carbon emissions, and fuel costs. Collaborate across multi-discipline teams
- Include tools for architectural, electrical, mechanical, and structural systems design in one application.
- Coordinate your designs better thanks to a common design environment and a streamlined workflow.
- Resolve clashes with built-in clash detection and share mark-ups of models and documentation across teams to reduce project errors.
- Design buildings and facilities
- Develop and design buildings and facilities of any size and complexity with comprehensive architectural tools.
- Produce coordinated architectural documentation directly from the building model. Create floor plans, sections, elevations, and schedules for any architectural component.
- Design building structures Model steel, concrete, and timber structures from walls, foundations, and columns to other structures
- Produce plans, framing layouts, sections, and elevations. Integrate with detailing applications, Including Bentley’s ProStructures.
Design MEP systems
- Design complex MEP systems to achieve high-performance buildings. Model fully parametric air-handling, Piping, and plumbing systems. Design lighting, power, fire-detection, and other electrical subsystems.
- Generate building documentation and reports: Produce high-quality and reliable documents directly from your intelligent building model. Ensure that drawings are up to date and accurately represent your design by publishing design model views. Link specifications, engineering calculations, and equipment documentation to models and drawings to support building operations.
- Refine design alternatives: Iterate designs quickly by dynamically modeling or manipulating geometry. Discover more possibilities and explore a broad range of “what-if” alternatives in less time. Design with freedom and model anything of any form, size, and complexity without restrictions and limitations.
- Visualize building designs :Produce visualizations of models and further refine potential designs. Generate images and animations with life-like detail and high-end photo realistic renderings with no need for additional software.
AECOsim ENERGY SIMULATOR
Easily simulate and analyze building mechanical systems, environmental conditions, and energy performance. With AECOsim Energy Simulator you can achieve high performance buildings by increasing sustainability and consuming less energy.
- Analyze building energy :Design, simulate, and analyze building mechanical systems, environmental conditions, and energy performances. Create 2D/3D energy models and documentation and generate reports of peak loads, annual energy calculations, energy consumption, carbon emissions, and fuel costs.
- Comply with ASHRAE standard :Automated ASHRAE 90.1 comparisons let you know how your mechanical and energy design performs against industry standards. Generate reports that are ASHRAE 90.1 compliant and document the energy efficiency of design, materials, and equipment used.
- Operate with industry-standard EnergyPlus :Incorporate the EnergyPlus simulation engine, the emerging standard for the industry developed by the U.S. Department of Energy. Determine building energy loads and explore building HVAC systems and design options by simulating and analyzing building energy performance.
- Utilize CAD and BIM data for simulations :Eliminate the need to reinterpret data between different applications. Work seamlessly between industry CAD, BIM, and AEC applications such as MicroStation, AutoCAD, Revit, and others with support of multiple software platforms.